We are seeking couples with one partner who experiences low desire to participate in a research study.
Our aim is to understand how couples navigate low sexual desire in romantic relationships.
What is involved? If you two are interested and a good fit for the study, you will be asked to complete 5 online surveys over two years as well as attend one 2-hour in-person observational session.
Wondering if you are a good fit for the study?
For this study, we are specifically interested in the gendered experience of women’s low sexual desire. Therefore, the individual experiencing low sexual desire must identify as a woman (cis or trans). This includes any individual for whom being a woman is part of their identity (inclusive of non-binary people).
Here are the couples we are seeking:
- One member of the couple is experiencing low desire
- You are both 18 years or older
- Be in a committed relationship with each other for at least 12 months
- Be local to either Halifax or Montreal
- Both members of the couple willing to participate
- Both members are fluent in English or French (if local to Montreal)
* If you have more than one romantic partner you may still be a good fit for the study provided that you are willing to participate with one partner who fits the above characteristics.
Inclusivity matters: ROSE requires one member of the couple to meet the criteria for a woman who experiences low sexual desire. Otherwise, ROSE is open to individuals of all genders, bodies, and sexual orientations.
As a thank you for your participation, you can receive up to $140 CAD per person in compensation for completing all parts of the study. Your time is valuable to us!