Our gynaecological examinations take place in our dedicated exam room in the Life Science Center (LSC) on Dalhousie’s Studley Campus. Our laboratory is in the Psychology and Neuroscience wing of the building. The exam room contains all of the equipment Dr. Pierce needs to perform the exams, including a clinical gynaecological table, a pillow, and sanitary coverings for the bed, and it will likely resemble your family doctor’s exam room. If you are chosen for an exam we will give you detailed directions to the building, specifically to the private waiting area that we will meet you at. The examination room is just down the hall from this waiting area, and the Research Staff is always available to answer questions at any point.
- Let’s talk about stress, baby: Joint problem-solving and sexual distress across the transition to parenthood
- It isn’t all talk: Couple therapy results in more improvements for women who have pain during sex relative to a common medical treatment
- Not Always in the Mood: The New Science on Men, Sex, and Relationships
- Sexual Talk in Long-Term Relationships: What’s Being Left Under the Covers?
- Tried and True: Exploring the Best Vulvodynia Treatment Options