CONNECT: A Couples Study
Are you in a long-term relationship?
We are recruiting couples to participate in an online research study on relationships and sexual wellbeing.
Who can participate?
To participate in this study, both partners must agree and be:
- 18 years or older
- In a committed relationship for at least 1 year
- Living together for at least 6 months
- Residing in Canada or the United States
- Able to read and understand English
*Other criteria may apply
**This study aims to be inclusive to individuals of all gender identities, bodies, and orientations.
What does participation involve?
Both partners will first take part in a brief eligibility screening process. If you are eligible and agree to participate, both partners will:
- Complete brief online daily surveys (8-15 minutes each) over a 4-week period
- Complete two online surveys (40-60 or 30-45 minutes each) over a period of four months
All information is kept strictly confidential.
Compensation offered as a thank you for your time and energy.
Why are we doing this research?
Many couples struggle to maintain satisfying relationships, and sexuality can be an important aspect of relationships and quality of life. This research aims to better understand how a variety of psychological factors, including how couples understand each other and cope with conflict, relate to sexual and relational well-being in long-term relationships. Results may identify new skills that couples could use to enhance or maintain sexual and relational well-being.